SUPER SIMPLE FISH FINGERS by Hemsley + Hemsley
Updated: Aug 27, 2021
500g skinless firm white fish fillets (such as coley, pollock, haddock, cod or sea bream)
100g ground almonds
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, diced, or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
A pinch of diced fresh red chilli or cayenne pepper (optional)
Sea salt and black pepper
A squeeze of lemon juice, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to fan 200°C/Gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Slice the fish fillets into 12 ‘fish fingers’, the size depending on how large your fillets are, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the egg in a bowl, then place the ground almonds in another bowl and season with the lemon zest, garlic and chilli (if using).
4. Dip each fish finger into the beaten egg and then into the ground almonds mix, so that they are fully coated, before placing on the prepared baking tray. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of salt.
Hemsley + Hemsley
We like to eat them in a Flaxseed Bun with a dollop of Homemade Sriracha or Ketchup. We like to use a firm white fish and play with the flavours each time. Rosemary, dill and tarragon go supremely well with fish – use dried or chop up fresh and mix into the ground almond mix.
Note from Meredy
This recipe works well with salmon too! Fine to make the fish fingers, freeze them and then cook from frozen.