Updated: May 27, 2019
Recipe (serves 6-8)
1 tbsp. Chia seeds
6 tbsp. Water
100g Coconut butter
100g Coconut sugar
75g Organic molasses
250g Buckwheat flour 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder 1 tsp. Cinnamon 1 tsp. Ground ginger 1/2 tsp. Ground cloves
1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp. Salt
250ml Hot water
1. Soak the chia seeds in the water for 20 minutes, until the liquid has thickened to the texture of an egg white.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚c and line a standard loaf tin with unbleached parchment paper. Brush with a little coconut oil and flour slightly.
3. Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg replacement and once fully incorporated, add the molasses.
3. Gently combine the sifted dry ingredients with the mix and finally the hot water. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for about 1 hour. The cake is ready when the blade of a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan.
5. Once cool, store in an airtight container.
More about Olivier
After training to the highest standards at the most prestigious French schools of his time, Olivier then worked in a renowned Michelin star restaurant to fine tune his culinary expertise. He has since established himself as one of the best known private chefs in London, having worked for royalty, A-listers and politicians, travelling the world and bringing back new tastes and flavours to expand his extensive repertoire.
Today, his passion for food and health has reached even greater heights. Graduating at the top of his class, Olivier is a fully registered Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist, offering unrivalled services for people looking to reach optimum health or an ideal weight. Mixing evidence-based nutrition with healthy and nutritious food has become his signature brand: Where Gourmet Food Meets Health™. Olivier regularly publishes in national newspapers and health magazines.
Food-related articles and recipes to suit any diet can be found at: www.exquisiteprivatechef.co.uk
All about Nutrition: www.nutrunity.com