HEALTHY APPLE & RASPBERRY CRUMBLE by Chef Olivier Sanchez
Updated: Jan 15, 2019
Designed by Olivier Sanchez, private chef, dedicated to producing healthy food.
RECIPE: Serves 4–6 people
125g Raspberries 100ml Water 6 Apples 1⁄2 tbsp Vanilla Paste 6 White Chocolate squares
120g Plain Flour 60g Butter 60g Caster Sugar Vanilla or Cinnamon (to taste)
6 heaped tbsp Flax/Linseeds
4 heaped tbsp Coconut Flour
4 heaped tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Xylitol (optional)
1⁄2 White Chocolate bar (grated)
1 kitchen bowl
1 baking dish or individual ramekins
Pre-heat the oven to 180 ̊c for the regular crumble
115 ̊c for the healthier crumble
1. Peel and core the apples, cutting into 8 pieces (cut the apple into 4 wedges and cut each wedges into halves).
2. Place the apples in a little saucepan with the water and the vanilla. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, with the lid on, until softened (the apple pieces should still keep their shape and not break apart).
3. Rinse the raspberries under running water and place them in a sieve to drain the extra water. Leave to dry on a kitchen towel if necessary.
4. Using a slotted spoon, decant the apple pieces into your baking dish. Leave to cool slightly and add the raspberries and the white chocolate pieces. Pre-heat the oven.
5. Combine the crumble ingredients, working with your fingers until the mix crumbles — it should be slightly sticky but not wet — and fully cover the apples and raspberries.
6. Grate the white chocolate and place the dish inside the oven. If you are using the healthier crumble bake for 45 minutes, 25 minutes if you are making the regular crumble, until golden brown (reduce the temperature if the crumble darkens too quickly). Leave to cool slightly and serve.
7. Serve the crumble with vanilla ice cream but if you prefer a healthier option, dairy-free coconut ice cream would do nicely.
More about Olivier
After training to the highest standards at the most prestigious French schools of his time, Olivier then worked in a renowned Michelin star restaurant to fine tune his culinary expertise. He has since established himself as one of the best known private chefs in London, having worked for royalty, A-listers and politicians, travelling the world and bringing back new tastes and flavours to expand his extensive repertoire.
Today, his passion for food and health has reached even greater heights. Graduating at the top of his class, Olivier is a fully registered Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist, offering unrivalled services for people looking to reach optimum health or an ideal weight. Mixing evidence-based nutrition with healthy and nutritious food has become his signature brand: Where Gourmet Food Meets Health™. Olivier regularly publishes in national newspapers and health magazines.
Food-related articles and recipes to suit any diet can be found at: www.exquisiteprivatechef.co.uk
All about Nutrition: www.nutrunity.com